Thursday, October 18, 2012

At the ballet


After taking ballet from the age of 4 and into my early 20's. Then working as a professional dancer for many years it all came to a stop with work, marriage and kids.
But it definitely set me in good stead for life.




Now in my 40's and with an 11 year old daughter who suddenly wanted to start Ballet( It's never too late) I am a full on ballet mum and loving it.


Dropping her off at the wonderful Cobble Hill ballet studio in  Brooklyn New York owned by a fellow Brit, Colette Linton-Meyer, it brings all those wonderful memories of my youth back.


Photograph by Georgina Richardson  


Really looking forward to helping out backstage with the Christmas performance of The Nutcracker.
But I don't think I will be taking the adult classes any time soon!



 A few of my favorite Ballet inspired fashion pics.




 Nadja Auermann - Patrick Demarchelier 




Tim Walker 












No comments: